Pondering the Obvious

Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's time to find a better place to hide

Sus and le Bec are off running with teenagers while I sit here, happily stewing in my solitude with my ickpod, relishing in the sleep that is to come free from giggles through the wall. My mind wanders from subject to subject, wondering what you'd like to read about, what I'd like to share with you.

It's unfortunate that I can't read your mind nor can I tell you all my secrets.

I can tell you that, though I dropped a friend off at the proverbial bus stop weeks ago, I am starting to feel something real about it. Not regret. I'm thinking it's defeat. Like I couldn't make it work, I couldn't stop feeling pissed off/abused around her. There must be a balance between running from negative influences and being there for people in their times of drama. I get to choose that balance point, don't I...

It's still St. Patrick's Day for another hour or so. I have celebrated this occasion twice with two shamrock shakes. I usually wait until it is too late and they have run out of syrup. Not this year. My Norwegian/Swedish self sucked it up Irish style! hehehe.

Oh, I saw this on a bumper sticker, "If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in english, thank a vet." Um... Irony? Since when do we not cap English?

Song: This is from the Foo Fighters, which is equally ironic. I will not try to downplay Kurt's genius, just suggest that he was not the only talent in Nirvana.

1 Comments:

Blogger One in a million Saras said...

really hate trying to log in...

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home