Pondering the Obvious

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Hearts ablaze are our only ray of light

There was a perfect moment yesterday. I was in the car with my brown-eyed boys (Punky and the Nuschler of course), listening to my music, the sun through the sun roof warm on my face on a lazy Saturday car ride. Punky smiled at me and that was it: Perfection.

There was a cool moment this morning too. I have problems thinking of God as a specific gender (could be the dumb boy who stalked me or the stupid male bosses who tried so damn hard to rip my humanity away from me - dunno). Thus I makes things neutral in the ways I pray and sing in the crowd. Usually I sing my gender neutral words quietly, perhaps not to rock the boat anymore than I already do.

But today I was next to le Bec, who sings the same. And, together, we both sang out loud the words of our preference and, in that perfect moment I thought, "Hmm.. We could take over the world..."

Song: I've been looking for new artists to fall madly in love with. This is from the Watson Twins, which remind me of Bec and I singing at our grandmother's church on Christmas Eve, only we were nervous and, thankfully, unrecorded. Very melodic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home